Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spring contest: Name your Pool Cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

Spring contest: Name your Pool Cleaner

{EDIT}The contest is now over. Winners in each of the three categories have been announced in The Coffee Bar.{/EDIT}

Spring is here! Pools are being opened everywhere, so it must be time for another exciting TFP contest!

To enter, please post the name of your pool cleaner and optionally a photo of your pool cleaner in this topic. Please, only one entry per user! Entries must be submitted by the end of April 26 (Eastern time). I will select the top 9 entries in each of three categories: Best Overall Entry, Best Costume (requires a photo), and Silliest Entry. The TFP community will then vote for the winners in each category.

Each winner will receive a Taylor SpeedStir portable magnetic stirrer donated by TFTestKits.net. The SpeedStir mixes your water sample for you while you add drops during water testing. It also includes an LED light that lights up the sample for easy color visibility. It is ideal for the FC, CC, TA, and CH tests included in the TF-100 and K-2006. TFTestKits.net is the supplier of the most recommended test kit on the forum, the TF-100.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Spring contest: Name your Pool Cleaner

Hmm, My Teen Aged Kids

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Hopefully I have time to do this as this is something I could really use. I always have problems mixing my samples. If I do not have time I see they can be purchased on the website.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

Mine has always been R2D2
    My Pool
    15k Gal Gunite Pool w/8 ft Spa w/Spillover
    Hayward DE Filter + DE Separation Tank
    Legend Sweep, Pentair Gas Heater
    Stenner Metering Pump for Liquid Chlorine Injection (15 gallon tank)

5. Back To Top    #5

Ours has always been called the "mo-better-bot" as in more better than doing it yourself robot
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

6. Back To Top    #6

Paramount PCC-2000 automatic built-in In-floor cleaner.

We just call it "the pool".
    Like "the pool" is cleaning itself.
    In-Ground. White Marbelite plaster. 21'-7" x 38' Figure Eightish Custom diving pool with 9' deep end. 24,750 Gallons. Pentair Challenger 2 hp pump, Pentair Clean and Clear Plus CCP420 Cartridge Filter, Paramount PCC-2000 In Floor Cleaning system with Debris Canister. Pool/House was a foreclosure that sat dormant for at least 2 years, and was an actual swamp. Using BBB and POP I made it a sparkling backyard oasis. I have a TF100 kit, and I know how to use it (mostly!). This is my FIRST REAL pool, but thanks to TFP, I know what I'm doing! (mostly!).

7. Back To Top    #7

We also have an in-floor popup system...just recently named "whack-a-mole"
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

just recently named "whack-a-mole"

Jason, Are in-floors eligible? Manual Vacs?
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

9. Back To Top    #9

Whack a Mole" thats cute...
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

10. Back To Top    #10

Yes, in floor, robots, suction side, pressure side, manual vacuums, leaf rakes, what ever you have. It needs to be something that you use to clean the pool.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

11. Back To Top    #11

Not really mine, but my parents' Polaris is named "George."

It's my youngest brother's job to "change George's diaper", i.e. empty the leaf bag.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

12. Back To Top    #12

I have a Polaris 480 PRO that I call "Lil Doggie." Occasionally it enjoys eating it's own tail.

He also can't wait until we open!

45,180 gallon 26' x 53' IG Vinyl, irregular shape. Hayward sand filter / pump. Polaris AutoClear SWG, supplemented with a Hayward Automatic Chlorinator (In-Line). Hayward 400K BTU heater. Paramount "turnover" system. Polaris 480 PRO cleaner.

13. Back To Top    #13

My Dolphin is called... Flipper.
    25,000 gal. I/G Vinyl Liner Pool; Pentair IC40 SWCG; 3/4 hp Hayward Pump with 244t Hayward Sand Filter

14. Back To Top    #14

My wife calls ours "Devo". I think that came from our earlier Letro Legend cleaner with its "tail" and the song "Whip It Good". Our newer The Pool Cleaner has no tail, but the name stuck.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

15. Back To Top    #15

My kids have always called our Hayward Phantom "the mouse", since it has a long tail. "Can I put the mouse in the pool now Mom?" Maybe that explains why the cat likes to hang out poolside at night.
    WV Girl

Custom "L" shape IG gunite pool, 36K gal., main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, hayward heat pump, hayward 1.5hp pump with booster pump, ozonator, 4 cartridge filter.
    one dear hubby, two waterlogged kids, and lots of good times!

16. Back To Top    #16

Our 3 yr old still misses using L's in her words...our bot is now known as the "Poo Rover"...she also likes to say "I go poo" when it's time for a swim...confuses the heck out of us (pool or diaper?)
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

17. Back To Top    #17

Short story..my niece had preemie twins in 2000, boy and girl weighing 1lb 12oz each. When they got out of the hospital, they lived with me for 6 months. I had no fence around my pool as previously there were no kids, non-swimmers in the house. (yard is always locked/inaccessible from the rear)Since I knew they would not be living with me forever, we decided that the best offense was a good defense and we had the kids in the pool from 8 months on. They were always fascinated and scared of my Hayward Navigator. Today they swim like fish, took them snorkeling in Maui a year ago, but they still ask me to "please take the Gator" out of the pool. My vac will forever be the "Gator".
    15000 gal. in ground quartz agg./ lazy L
    Pentair Whisperflow 1.5/Pentair FNS D.E. filter
    Solar Heat
    Hayward Navigator sweep
    San Diego, CA

18. Back To Top    #18

Cheryl - because *I* am the pool cleaner!!! I use the old method of the manaul pool vaccuum!!
    21x41x54" AG Artesian Seville II
    Installed around 2004 - we moved here in 2008
    23,000 gal
    Hayward SwimPro 256T Sand Filter
    1HP 2speed Hayward Power Flo Matrix
    (and have 2HP Hayward Swimpro and a 2hp 2speed Waterway Hi-Flo pump as back up also!! lol)
    No heating - other than Solar SunRings
    Central IL

19. Back To Top    #19

Ours is the Jerk! It's a Zodiak Zoom and it just jerks it way around the pool.

So when the DW asks if the jerk's in the pool, I say no, I'm right here! She says, not you, the one that actually does something around here! I know she's kidding....... right
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

20. Back To Top    #20

mine is a combo, POLARIS and Elbow Power (mine)..for a super clean pool...
    Inground with 7x7 spa (spillover)
    20k gal plaster (sunstone)
    pentair 3/4 hp (filter), 1 hp (spa), 1/2 hp (features)
    cartridge filter
    SWCG IC-40
    Polaris Platinum (with booster)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast