In Ground Pool Liner for Deep End? + How Deep Can I Go?

Aug 28, 2009
I have a 15x30' that'll be going in soon. I really want a deep end, and it's a sharkline by wil-bur, which specifies how to do the over dig for the expandable liner.

QUESTIONS:

What is the driving force behind the 6' depth limitation? Is it the pool's design/physics/strength, or simply because of the limitations of the liner itself? In other words, assuming I can get it dug and get around the non-buttress straps, could I go 7' or 8' for the deep end if I wanted? It seems the cost of the custom cut liners isn't that bad, AND you get way better patterns.

It seems that the trend is to go less deep in some pools now, is there a reason why?

What about doing a graduated depth reduction to make a "shallow end?" I'm putting the pool in the ground (no backfill), so I have LOTS of options for digging, the only limitation is the straps for buttresses.

Thanks!

In a 30' pool, you will have little "shallow" area left if you provide for a diving end that meets code......it takes up a lot of space. Your local state code is the definitive answer.

duraleigh said:
In a 30' pool, you will have little "shallow" area left if you provide for a diving end that meets code......it takes up a lot of space. Your local state code is the definitive answer.

I'm assuming the code guidelines apply if you some sort of diving board? I'm not interested in that, just a little more underwater swimming room.

I think with the AG pools you have to leave a "lip" or shelf of 2' around the deep end curve - meaning at that end of the pool it would be about 2' in before it was deep and it would slope into the deep part from the other end of the pool. I think that is for strength/integrety of the sides - I'm not sure an IG pool liner would work with that configuration?? This is in interesting question though and I'd like to see how it plays out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.