Recommendation for an Above Ground Pool Slide

Hi. We've had our above-ground pool for six seasons now and have decided to finally get a slide. Does anyone have any suggestions or pictures they can show me? I've seen pictures of the Boomerang, but I'm not sure I have enough deck space at the location where the pumps are located. It seems to me that the Boomerang needs to be set up close to the pump because I have to attach a hose to it I think. I think I would prefer a slide without the water setup. Thanks.

Have you ever slid down a slide with no running water?

I have and it's not fun. I'd reconsider that option. Just saying... unless you're going to stand there with a bucket everytime someone wants to use it. :shock:

Good luck in your search.

Yep, I don't think I'd want to go with a slide with no water...I can hear the squealing skin from here! ;->

Have you considered some lower tech options? You might consider doing some sort of waterfall pump designed for ponds as your pump source. Harborfrieght carries lots of them, or even lowes. If you went with a non-submersable one (external intake vs. needing to physically be in the pool,) you could pretty easily pipe clear tubing up to the top of the slide. Using some sprinkler system parts, you could even make it fan out for coverage.

All you need to do is make sure the pump is rated for 8-10' of lift, and you'd be good to go.

Heck, now that I write this, I might have to try it with my new pool!

IMHO, as a pool professional, I would urge you you reconsider entertaining the idea at all. You would have depth of water concerns, height of the ladder concerns and slides get hot and you stick to them without water on the sliding surface.

I can see a kid going down head first and a serious OMG! :hammer: accident. If my customer insisted, I would have a long Indemnification letter drawn up to cover me or they would have to find a new service.

Scott

Edited for cussing.

Wow! Thank you all for your quick and honest replies.

I guess I wasn't really thinking of myself when I said a "dry" slide. I wasn't getting on that thing. I like to lay on a raft and have my pool boy (hubbie) get me my drink!!! :-D

We're not that creative. I'm not sure if I can doctor something up. I would probably buy the boomerang, but like I said, I don't think I have enough deck clearance for it at that spot, unless of course, I can run a really long hose.

I guess I'll have to think long and hard about that slide. The "accidents" do scare me. My girls are 17 and 12, but you know, kids will be kids. Even though I am out there all the time, I might run in to get a drink or use the bathroom, and wouldn't it be my luck when someone have an "accident".

Thanks again!!

been using a slide for 2 years now with my intex 16x48. no problems at all. we angled the slide so that the kids do not go deep enough but at the same time gives them a good ride. its a regular playground from lowes. as far as sliding without water, the kids keep it wet and even without the water the slide is slippery enough so its not a factor. here is a pic:[attachment=2:1aql5gf3]37158.jpg[/attachment:1aql5gf3][attachment=1:1aql5gf3]21520.jpg[/attachment:1aql5gf3][attachment=0:1aql5gf3]10037.jpg[/attachment:1aql5gf3]

Attachments

• 37158.jpg
    37158.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 1,402
  • 21520.jpg
    21520.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,356
  • 10037.jpg
    10037.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,351
Reactions: Zedhead
i got the kids a bigger slide this year. the kids LOVE IT! these slides are dished out at the bottom so they kinda launch you into the water reducing the angle downward and more forward..........[attachment=2:2za4aqal]24804.jpg[/attachment:2za4aqal][attachment=1:2za4aqal]97944.jpg[/attachment:2za4aqal][attachment=0:2za4aqal]53240.jpg[/attachment:2za4aqal] :wave: :party: :whoot: :cheers:

Attachments

• 24804.jpg
    24804.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,367
  • 97944.jpg
    97944.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,344
  • 53240.jpg
    53240.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 1,319
Reactions: LANash and Zedhead

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
i got the kids a bigger slide this year. the kids LOVE IT! these slides are dished out at the bottom so they kinda launch you into the water reducing the angle downward and more forward..........[attachment=2:2za4aqal]24804.jpg[/attachment:2za4aqal][attachment=1:2za4aqal]97944.jpg[/attachment:2za4aqal][attachment=0:2za4aqal]53240.jpg[/attachment:2za4aqal] :wave: :party: :whoot: :cheers:

Wow! I love this!

Oh, wow! Thanks for the thread and all the pics! We are hoping to put on a deck next year, and a slide will be immediately after that. Got to have a slide! I haven't found great results searching on above ground pool slides, but these pics definitely open up the field of ideas! Very nice.

Can we be more unsafe. The moderators must be sleeping.

Every water park I've ever been to (which is very many) has had every one of their slides, no matter shape or size, empty into water that was no more than 3', 6"- at the very most, some are less. As long as it's done well and channels you forward, it should be plenty safe.

Reactions: Zedhead
I went down a slide that droped like 100 feet and we were on tubes, pieces of plastic, almost anything (it was years ago :) ) the water we "landed in" was about 2 feet deep, below or at are knees but it was about 15 feet long.. we always tried to skim all the way to the wall, ahhh to be dumb kids and not even know it :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.