Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation for an Above Ground Pool Slide

1. Back To Top    #1

Recommendation for an Above Ground Pool Slide

Hi. We've had our above-ground pool for six seasons now and have decided to finally get a slide. Does anyone have any suggestions or pictures they can show me? I've seen pictures of the Boomerang, but I'm not sure I have enough deck space at the location where the pumps are located. It seems to me that the Boomerang needs to be set up close to the pump because I have to attach a hose to it I think. I think I would prefer a slide without the water setup. Thanks.
    24 ft. round Artesian above-ground pool
    54" depth
    15,000 gallons
    Hayward 1.5 HP EC45 DE Filter
    Hayward H150 Gas Heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Recommendation for an Above Ground Pool Slide

Have you ever slid down a slide with no running water?

I have and it's not fun. I'd reconsider that option. Just saying... unless you're going to stand there with a bucket everytime someone wants to use it.

Good luck in your search.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Yep, I don't think I'd want to go with a slide with no water...I can hear the squealing skin from here! ;->

Have you considered some lower tech options? You might consider doing some sort of waterfall pump designed for ponds as your pump source. Harborfrieght carries lots of them, or even lowes. If you went with a non-submersable one (external intake vs. needing to physically be in the pool,) you could pretty easily pipe clear tubing up to the top of the slide. Using some sprinkler system parts, you could even make it fan out for coverage.

All you need to do is make sure the pump is rated for 8-10' of lift, and you'd be good to go.

Heck, now that I write this, I might have to try it with my new pool!
    Richard
    Temecula, CA
    28,000 Gal. In-Ground plaster and tile, Total Control AutoPilot with SC-60 SWG and PH control, Pentair EasyTouch 8, EasyTouch Wireless Remote, Intelliflo VS+SVRS pump, Intellibrite lighting, Pentair Quad 100, Solar heating, Pentair Mastertemp 400 Gas Heater, The Pool Cleaner 4x, Aquabot Turbo T2 Robotic Cleaner, Water feature spillover from SPA.

4. Back To Top    #4

IMHO, as a pool professional, I would urge you you reconsider entertaining the idea at all. You would have depth of water concerns, height of the ladder concerns and slides get hot and you stick to them without water on the sliding surface.

I can see a kid going down head first and a serious OMG! accident. If my customer insisted, I would have a long Indemnification letter drawn up to cover me or they would have to find a new service.

Scott

Edited for cussing.
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

5. Back To Top    #5

Wow! Thank you all for your quick and honest replies.

I guess I wasn't really thinking of myself when I said a "dry" slide. I wasn't getting on that thing. I like to lay on a raft and have my pool boy (hubbie) get me my drink!!!

We're not that creative. I'm not sure if I can doctor something up. I would probably buy the boomerang, but like I said, I don't think I have enough deck clearance for it at that spot, unless of course, I can run a really long hose.

I guess I'll have to think long and hard about that slide. The "accidents" do scare me. My girls are 17 and 12, but you know, kids will be kids. Even though I am out there all the time, I might run in to get a drink or use the bathroom, and wouldn't it be my luck when someone have an "accident".

Thanks again!!
    24 ft. round Artesian above-ground pool
    54" depth
    15,000 gallons
    Hayward 1.5 HP EC45 DE Filter
    Hayward H150 Gas Heater

6. Back To Top    #6

Safety concerns aside, you might look into a mister setup like you'd use around your patio for your garden hose.
    8K gallon Kidney shape 12 X 24 IG gunite with 6 foot raised Spa and waterfall
    IntelliChlor IC20, PCC 2000 In-Floor Cleaning system, Cartridge Filter, 2 HP WhisperFlo Pump
    Easy Touch Control and Load center with Quick Touch Wireless remote
    Amerlite and SpaBrite lights

7. Back To Top    #7

been using a slide for 2 years now with my intex 16x48. no problems at all. we angled the slide so that the kids do not go deep enough but at the same time gives them a good ride. its a regular playground from lowes. as far as sliding without water, the kids keep it wet and even without the water the slide is slippery enough so its not a factor. here is a pic:[attachment=2:1aql5gf3]37158.jpg[/attachment:1aql5gf3][attachment=1:1aql5gf3]21520.jpg[/attachment:1aql5gf3][attachment=0:1aql5gf3]10037.jpg[/attachment:1aql5gf3]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18x52'' intex AGP, 6981 gal, 2650 intex sand filter,
    thru wall skimmer, SWG, 52'' 20G overlap liner, intex pool light

8. Back To Top    #8

i got the kids a bigger slide this year. the kids LOVE IT! these slides are dished out at the bottom so they kinda launch you into the water reducing the angle downward and more forward..........[attachment=2:2za4aqal]24804.jpg[/attachment:2za4aqal][attachment=1:2za4aqal]97944.jpg[/attachment:2za4aqal][attachment=0:2za4aqal]53240.jpg[/attachment:2za4aqal]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18x52'' intex AGP, 6981 gal, 2650 intex sand filter,
    thru wall skimmer, SWG, 52'' 20G overlap liner, intex pool light

9. Back To Top    #9

Greate job, they sell a spray hose in Lowes that I saw some one use on the slide to keep it wet. I have to say them kids are in college by now!!!!!!
    18x36 Ingound vinyl Liner
    25000 gallons
    Jandy Stealth 2 speed pump
    Jandy 340 Cartridge Filter
    Jandy AE-TI 2500T Heat Pump 118000k btu
    Intermatic PE153 Digital

10. Back To Top    #10

Hello all, I have a question:
    dose the sunscreen comes off and ends up at the bottom of the pool creating a type of film that looks like jellyfish?
    18x36 Ingound vinyl Liner
    25000 gallons
    Jandy Stealth 2 speed pump
    Jandy 340 Cartridge Filter
    Jandy AE-TI 2500T Heat Pump 118000k btu
    Intermatic PE153 Digital

11. Back To Top    #11

That's awesome, I have to do something like that!!!!
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by jsf0656 View Post
    i got the kids a bigger slide this year. the kids LOVE IT! these slides are dished out at the bottom so they kinda launch you into the water reducing the angle downward and more forward..........[attachment=2:2za4aqal]24804.jpg[/attachment:2za4aqal][attachment=1:2za4aqal]97944.jpg[/attachment:2za4aqal][attachment=0:2za4aqal]53240.jpg[/attachment:2za4aqal]
    Wow! I love this!
    27' x 54" AG Morada RTR/17,300 gal/ 2hp-2spd Hayward Power-Flo Matrix/Hayward 256T sand filter

13. Back To Top    #13

What is the length of this slide ?

14. Back To Top    #14

Oh, wow! Thanks for the thread and all the pics! We are hoping to put on a deck next year, and a slide will be immediately after that. Got to have a slide! I haven't found great results searching on above ground pool slides, but these pics definitely open up the field of ideas! Very nice.
    "...chemistry is not an exact science" -Mario Andrada, Rio 2016 Olympics spokesman
    21' x 52" Radiant Metric Round ~10K gal AGP with Hayward S180t pump/sand filter.
    Caldera (Watkins) Martinique 340 gallon installed in basement, Bromine and ozone.
    Taylor K-2006 test kit.

15. Back To Top    #15

Can we be more unsafe. The moderators must be sleeping.

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by 1380ken View Post
    I have to agree. My husband suggested that a few weeks ago and I was quick to nip it. I just feel like water needs to be deeper for a slide.
    28ft Doughboy AG 18,000 Gallons installed July 2014 / Pentair SD60 Sand Filter / Baracuda Ranger Vacuum / Pentair Aqualuminator / TF100 Test Kit / Hot Springs Envoy Hot Tub
    My Build: 28 ft Doughboy install w/stamped patio FINALLY complete-LOTS OF PICS :)

17. Back To Top    #17

We have a slide and the kids enjoy it. Here is a thread that I started about it.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ieds-for-deals
    30 ft. round Conquest agp, 19,800 gal; Pentair Easy Clean 1 hp DE EC60 filter system
    Hayward H250N gas heater; TF100 Test Kit
    2 Fafco 4x20 sunsaver solar bear solar panels
    Pool Rover Jr. ~ Zoomerang slide
    Majestic 8000 Above-Ground Pool Step

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by 1380ken View Post
    Every water park I've ever been to (which is very many) has had every one of their slides, no matter shape or size, empty into water that was no more than 3', 6"- at the very most, some are less. As long as it's done well and channels you forward, it should be plenty safe.
    "...chemistry is not an exact science" -Mario Andrada, Rio 2016 Olympics spokesman
    21' x 52" Radiant Metric Round ~10K gal AGP with Hayward S180t pump/sand filter.
    Caldera (Watkins) Martinique 340 gallon installed in basement, Bromine and ozone.
    Taylor K-2006 test kit.

19. Back To Top    #19

TFP Guide

I went down a slide that droped like 100 feet and we were on tubes, pieces of plastic, almost anything (it was years ago ) the water we "landed in" was about 2 feet deep, below or at are knees but it was about 15 feet long.. we always tried to skim all the way to the wall, ahhh to be dumb kids and not even know it
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycasey View Post
    ahhh to be dumb kids and not even know it
    Hey now, I still resemble that remark!
    Intex 16 x 48 Ultra Frame, basic 1500? GPH pump/cartridge filter
    Through wall skimmer, hard plumbed, homemade fountain. To do: deck, upgrade pump and filter.
    Build thread, in progress: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...e-pool-install

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast