Numbers and Questions

Today's numbers are:
FC 1
CC 0
pH 7.6
TA 110
CH 130
CYA 50 or 60

I was out of town for the weekend so I didn't get a chance to pick up some more bleach. That will be taken care of tomorrow. I've added the muratic acid suggested by pool calculator. Here are my questions..
1. Should I continue to lower pH to help with TA?
2. With such a large range on CH, when should I worry about adding Calcium Chloride?
3. When testing CYA, should the dot totally disappear or just be barely visible?

Crystal clear and lovin it!! THANK YOU TFP!!

Your PH, TA and CH are just fine (CH isn't very important in a vinyl pool.
The dot should totally disappear.
Understand that the "Min" for your CYA level means NEVER letting it go below that "min". You need to "target" the higher number each night to keep it above the "min" at all times. Letting it drop that low opens the door for organics to take hold. Anyway you can get some bleach in there this evening?

Edit: Somewhat repeating what FPM said because I took so darn long to type all this up! :oops:
1. I think your TA is fine at 110, but you could lower it to around 90 if you want. Just make sure you don't drop the pH too low while doing it.
2. With the vinyl liner you don't have to worry about calcium being leached from pool surfaces. Plaster pools are vulnerable when the calcium level gets too low. Since your calcium is in the accepted range you can check it every so often and only add calcium if it drops below recommended levels.
3. The dot should disappear completely. Make sure you hold the tube at waist level when you check it. I find I have to look away for a minute and re-read the test to make sure the dot is gone.

Recommended Levels

Vinyl with Bleach

FC 3-7
pH 7.5-7.8
TA 70-90+
CH 50-300
CYA 30-50

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.