We have started a new pool build. We are going for a backyard oasis. We live on a 1 acre lot, so the pool is rather large, almost to big. Looking for feedback on equipment and setup. The pool is calculated to have 44,000 gallons. I have decided to go with mostly pentair equipment, I am really into automation and want to hook it up to my HAI system and use their iPhone app. I have a pool builder that I have used before, very quality conscious. But a little old school on equipment. Does not like salt systems or variable speed pumps. He will do what ever I want, so here is what I have so far. He is a big Sta-Rite fan btw. We have already started the build process and I will post some pics.
Equipment so far:
Pentair VF Pump
2hp pump for waterfall and slide
Gunite slide and moss-rock waterfall
2 1.5hp pump for spa jets, there are 11
Pentair master temp 400k heater
Salt system, up for debate still
3 led lights pool 1 in spa
DE filter, I think about 75 square feet
Pentair Intellitouch system
SunDeck stamped deck, probably
Here are my questions.
1. Looking at the Auotpilot or Pentair salt systems, leaning towards the Pentair IC-60 for the communications?
2. Builder wants to use stainless steel filter, ok with salt?
3. 2 pumps on spa a good idea?
4. Considering a solar system as well, brand choice?
5. Sundeck a good choice?
6. Sta-rite pumps for all the accessories?
Thanks for looking and appreciate the feedback.