Alan70062 from Metairie LA

Apr 10, 2010
Metairie, LA
I recently discovered your website and decided to join today. I have been using Pristine Blue (very expensive) for about 8 years but have had some algae problems the last couple years. I am going to order a test kit and give the BBB method a try!! Wish me luck!!! Do you think this is the correct move, to get away from Pristine Blue??

Thanks,

Alan

Welcome to TFP!

Yes, definitely start going BBB. The problem with Pristine Blue from what I can tell is that it is mostly minerals. Although minerals do have disinfecting properties to vary degrees depending on concentration, they are not effective sanitizers alone and are not EPA approved for pool sanitization on their own. Only chlorine, bromine, or biguanide products can fill this need.

Go with BBB. Check out Pool School and post questions when they arise. :goodjob:

Yes. Pristine Blue is a very expensive copper-based program that isn't worth the expense and leads to nothing but trouble.

You'll probably have to replace some of your water to get the copper down, but trust me as a former user of a mineral-ionizer system you are making the right decision! :)

I probably spend 1/5 the amount of money now compared to what I used to spend on my pool. You'll be very satisfied with the outcome.