Jacksonville, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I came up with an idea which I thought I would share. We inherited out son's fire pit as he and his family was moving from a house to an apartment last year December. It served us well during the cool time period from December till February and I was very impressed with the sturdy bowl and stout frame. My challenge was what would I do with this for the 9-10 mths and where would I store it more importantly. I along with my best friend , who had all the necessary tools and skills, decided to custom build a table top with movable latches so that we could use it during the summer, remove the table top and put in the fire pit bowl for the winter. All materials were bought from Lowe's and HD. The top is the blue glass tile at $10 per square :shock: ( total of 9 squares). We went with this because it would match our pool tile and plaster. The total cost in materials was around $150. :eek: See the attached pics[attachment=2:nb23d5vh]DSCN9727 (Large).JPG[/attachment:nb23d5vh][attachment=1:nb23d5vh]DSCN0777.JPG[/attachment:nb23d5vh][attachment=0:nb23d5vh]DSCN0779.JPG[/attachment:nb23d5vh]

Attachments

• DSCN9727 (Large).JPG
    DSCN9727 (Large).JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 593
  • DSCN0777.JPG
    DSCN0777.JPG
    241.6 KB · Views: 567
  • DSCN0779.JPG
    DSCN0779.JPG
    236.7 KB · Views: 570
dayhiker said:
Cool.

Also, the chairs look to be PVC piping. Did you make them?
No those were given to us. Would you believe that the chairs and cushions are over 30yrs old?

I made this towel holder this weekend and the cost of the peices was about $22.00 from Home Depot. I did not glue it together in case I wanted to modify or break down. I cannot take credit for this, lborne from Vero Beach sent me some pics, however I modified from his original pic, it is using 1 inch PVC plumbing and the wife wanted it to hold more towels, total of 6 large beach towels. The hooks come in handy hanging up swimsuits floating chairs etc..
DSCN0792.jpg

DSCN0791.jpg

DSCN0790.jpg

Brentr said:
dayhiker said:
Cool.

No those were given to us. Would you believe that the chairs and cushions are over 30yrs old?

I made this towel holder this weekend and the cost of the peices was about $22.00 from Home Depot. I did not glue it together in case I wanted to modify or break down. I cannot take credit for this, lborne from Vero Beach sent me some pics, however I modified from his original pic, it is using 1 inch PVC plumbing and the wife wanted it to hold more towels, total of 6 large beach towels. The hooks come in handy hanging up swimsuits floating chairs etc..

I like the towel rack. do you have exact measurements/plans? Or did you just match up along the way as you built it?

rastoma said:
Brentr said:
dayhiker said:
Cool.

I like the towel rack. do you have exact measurements/plans? Or did you just match up along the way as you built it?
Lborne gave me some direction in designing this. The actual height is 45 inches and the width of the towel rack is 43 inches. I used 1inch PVC and 1/2 inch for the towels. I do not plan on gluing the fittings as you can adapt or break down for storage in the winter. Since then I added another brace in the back as we now put more than towels on it. I will post more pics later this week. :cheers:

LOVE my PVC furniture. My parents bought ours in oh....88-89? I inherited the table and 4 chairs/cushions our first year in the house.. So we're on 20 some years. I still have the original cushions in tan/pale blue/rose. It holds up better than anything I've ever had.

Okay here are the pics of the towel rack with the other brace. As you can see I need the extra support because the towel rack holds more than just towels :shock: :shock: Yikes :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I think I need to build another one :-D :-D

DSCN0823.jpg

DSCN0822.jpg

DSCN0824.jpg

DSCN0825.jpg

I also updated the Dolphin Bar with a table skirt that I found at a party store for $5.99 :cheers: :cheers:

DSCN0835Large.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.