380 problems

Apr 8, 2010
My 380 is acting funny, (I think he's getting old) he's acting like he's low on power. He does not climb the wall and turn like he used to. I checked the RPM, it was 12. I know it should be 28-32. I put the blue disk in the side of the pool. It had the red one. Now I'm getting 14 RPM. It does seem to be working better. At 14 he does get around the pool at a good pace. I changed the back-up motor, it was worn out. It is working, but not as it did last summer.. Question: Does the RPM have to be 28-32?

When mine gets sluggish, the pool store wants me to check the filter screen in the quick-release before I bring it in. If the screen gets plugged you don't have enough pressure at the unit. Also, what hayfarmer said.

If those are okay, you could have a tube loose or cracked inside the unit, in which case there won't be enough pressure driving the wheels. That's what the problem has been with mine, twice in the past year.

It's not so much that the unit isn't moving as fast, as that the suction won't be as good so it won't collect crud off the floor as well. Wheel RPM is sort of a secondary consideration, but the easiest way to tell if the pressure inside the unit is in the right ballpark.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.