24' AGP Foundation

Hello Everyone!

My wife and I are excited about our up coming pool installation. We had a tremendous amount of grading done at our home this past October. The ideal spot for our new pool is located where about 2' of fill was added on the lower end. This will have about 1/3 of the pool over the fill. It's been 6 months since the grading and it was done with a D6 bulldozer. Also, we live in NC and have red clay soil. My question is what is everyones option of the filled area. Should we dig it out or would it be ok since the time has past and it was compacted by a bulldozer? Thanks, Tim

Thanks for the bump FPM. Don't know why I missed this. Now on to the question at hand.

If it were me, I'd rent a vibrating plate and go over the entire area that the pool will set on extending out about 5 to 6 feet bigger than the pool. If the ground appears to compact the same in the filled area compared to the unfilled area then I wouldn't have a problem putting the pool on it at all. If the filled area compacts more than the unfilled area then I'd spend some time compacting and filling that area till it won't compact any more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.