No more acid needed? Is it possible?

iggy

Jan 24, 2008
The Cool Part of Arizona
Well the question is will the pool water ever get balanced that it no longer needs any acid?
My pool is now in its 3rd year and it seems that the acid demand has decreased to zero and my ph is sitting at 7.8 for the past few months.
FC nad TC are both in the 4 range.
Hardness has been 250 from day one.
CYA is 80
TA is 80
Will acid demand increase again during the summer when it is used?

Most, but not all, pools can be adjusted so that there is no ongoing acid demand.

Acid demand is higher when the temperatures are warmer. It isn't possible to say for sure if you are balanced now or not. My guess is that you aren't quite there yet and will have some acid demand this summer, though not as much as you had last year. If I am right, and there is some more acid demand, let your TA come down a bit more, say to 60.

JasonLion said:
Most, but not all, pools can be adjusted so that there is no ongoing acid demand.

Acid demand is higher when the temperatures are warmer. It isn't possible to say for sure if you are balanced now or not. My guess is that you aren't quite there yet and will have some acid demand this summer, though not as much as you had last year. If I am right, and there is some more acid demand, let your TA come down a bit more, say to 60.

Thanks for the information.
I will be watching and trying to manage and control my TA down to 60.

3 year old pool and CH is at the same level as original water? Unless you are adding water with zero CH in it, I'm not quite sure that is possible :shock: How are you measuring CH?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.