First Numbers! BBB Rocks

jjdurrant

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2008
MN
Opened to a clear blue pool!

Let me start by saying last year was rough to keep my numbers balanced due to a significant leak in my deep return line.. I was going through 2-6" a week easy. I happy to say the leak has been fixed and I am excited for 2010!

Opening numbers:

FC = .5 (added 192oz bleach, will recheck tomorrow)
CC = 0
TC = .5
pH = 7.8
TA = 200
CH = 200
CYA = 0 (yikes)

My next plan of attack is to add CYA ASAP.. looking to get that up to 20ish right away (sock in skimmer method). Can I attack the high TA at the same time or should I wait until CYA is in check? Other thoughts?

Thanks, Justin

Not too excited, are we :) LOL that's how I felt the first time I used the kit...

Go ahead and add the CYA via sock. Then add acid to lower the PH down to 7.2 (if you want to do this tonight you can, just wait an hour or so after you added the bleach).

Then retest the TA. Wipe the tip of the dropper bottle in between each drop with a damp cloth. Confirm if the TA is 200. If it is you can follow the instructions in Pool School for How to Lower TA. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.