New Pentair Pump and Filter

GVi77

Mar 24, 2010
Well I bit the bullet today and bought a new pump and filter to replace the stolen pool equipment from my home. After much research and from the help of TFP, I decided to go with the following:

Pentair Whisperflo Pump 1 HP EE-2 Speed WFDS-4 230 V
Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 320 SF Filter
http://www.aqua-pool-warehouse.com/default.asp

I hope this set up will work for me and if you have any comments and suggestions, please feel free to do so. The company I bought the products from was very helpful and easy to deal with. No shipping charges and no sales tax as well. TFP has been very helpful and I'm very thankful for finding this forum and will continue to learn from it. Now all I have to do is acid wash the pool and hook up the new equipment so the kids can stop asking...."When is the pool going to be ready? When is the pool going to be ready? When is the pool going to be ready?" :hammer:

Thanks!
G

Glad to hear that you have gotten a new pump and filter and that your kids are going to be able to enjoy the pool soon. I have that very filter by the way.

Now answer me this...do you mean that someone actually disconnected your pump and filter and stole them? :shock: Or were they sitting out in boxes and yet to be installed?

Thanks 257WbyMag!

Acutally, I bought a short sale home about a month ago and one day before I signed for the house, the home owner tried to extort me for $5000 for the 4 year old pool equipment. She took two Magna 1 1/2 hp pumps, 1 Jacuzzi Filter and the pool heater. :grrrr: There was nothing I could have done since she was still legally the home owner. Such is life. Since I had to purchase new equipment, I'm taking advantage on buying something that will save me some money on the electrical bill.

G

in my opinion WhisperFlo is the best on the market right now. It's very efficient and runs very quiet, you will not regret that purchase. When installing the pump be sure to put valves on each pipe (main drain, skimmers, vacuum lines) coming in for easier operations.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.