Coral Gables, FL
OK guys, posting my first numbers to see what you think and recommend:

FC: 4.0
pH: 8.0 (yes, its high)
TA: 110ppm
CH: 325ppm
STABILIZER (CYA?) 100ppm
SALT: 3500ppm

The pool was started up in February and we have not really swam more than a few minutes yet due to temps here.

I am open for suggestions!

local pool store did the numbers today. I am ordering the TF-100 kit this week.

If their CYA reading is correct, then your CYA level is too high. Worse, most of the common CYA tests read levels higher than 100, even much higher, as if they were 100. So your actual level might be way above 100. It looks to me like you are going to need to replace some water to get your CYA level down. If you are lucky, the CYA test results are wrong. If nothing is going wrong with the pool, you might want to wait till your TF100 arrives to double check before replacing a lot of water.

Both your PH and TA are a little high. This isn't serious and can be easily fixed by adding some acid to bring your PH down to around 7.2.

If the CYA test is right, your FC level is way too low. With CYA at 100, you want to keep FC between 8 and 13. It is safer to bring FC up into that range, even if there is a chance that the CYA test is wrong.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.