Recommendations or suggestions for an outdoor clock?

susie

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2008
Maryland
I'm looking for a weatherproof medium sized clock that can be placed on our siding and easily read from the pool (maybe 10-20 feet away). I had purchased a clock from Target last year that was advertised as "outdoor" but it created a rust spot on the siding with the first rain. Thank you for any recommendations or suggestions. :cool:

I bought a clock a couple of years ago that has been great in my poolhouse, but I suspect it wouldn't hold up as well unprotected.

I've seen some in catalogs that have a clay or terra cotta face that might be more weatherproof.

Bought one from Wal-Mart last year. It is about 18" in diameter with Roman numerals and a thermometer at the six o'clock position. It's made of ceramic material and has held up thus far. Runs on a AA battery. Lithium batteries are best if it freezes out your way since the alkaline ones don't like it when it drops below 32. Anyway, the clock was only like $17.

We have the Walmart one that 257WbyMag referred to. It's been up for 3 years now. I'm amazed that it still works, as it just has a cheapo Made-In-China movement, but it still keeps excellent time. It is protected from most rain by the overhang on the pool house, so that probably helps it live.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.