Any way DE entering pool could be normal?

Thinkly

Oct 12, 2009
Overland Park, KS
In another thread several members helped me learn how to repair a leaking pump outlet fitting. I simply used pipe dope and the leak seems stopped. During the process i turned off the suction line valves and also turned the multiport to the winterize (in between) position.

After the repair, I started everything back up and forgot to move the multiport back to filter. The waste hose started to fill quickly and within 5 seconds i killed the pump. Then i moved it to filter and resumed.

Again, the leak was stopped but i noticed the water turned a bit milky. I let the pump run for about 30 minutes and then killed it. After killing the pump and letting things settle i could see a bit of "grey" colored debris on the bottom of the pool. I recognize it as DE that is wet.

Keep in mind that it was a very small amount and i just swept it all towards the drains. Also i watched the returns carefully and saw nothing visably coming out. I wonder if i didn't somehow knock some DE powder off the grids and into the return line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.