ABG put inground, pics included

Here are pics of my ABG being put inground in June 08... enjoy!
Yard before we started...
IMG_1216.jpg

Dig Dig Dig
IMG_1237.jpg

Bottom Liner
IMG_1245.jpg

Walls up
IMG_1246.jpg

Liner going in
IMG_1249.jpg

Water....
IMG_1251.jpg

Woohooo! We're done!
IMG_1255.jpg

Wow, just found this thread and I am impressed. Wish I had know it were possible to 'bury' our AGP when we got it, heck I wished I'd known a bunch of things regarding the pool then :hammer:

Hmmm .... maybe I'll drain ours next spring and do what esim13 did then :idea:

I love it like this. My only complaint is that I haven't been able to build the deck yet. I also found out that they're now making ABG's out of resin, made for burying. If mine ever fails, collapses or rusts out - resin here I come, unless of course I'm financially able to go gunite!

esim13 said:
I love it like this. My only complaint is that I haven't been able to build the deck yet. I also found out that they're now making ABG's out of resin, made for burying. If mine ever fails, collapses or rusts out - resin here I come, unless of course I'm financially able to go gunite!

I hear ya :wink:

Reading around the forum, if I want to do our pool in a similar manner, looks like all I'd have to replace is the liner. I have to admit, I look at your pictures at least once each day as I haven't seen any other threads where people have done it ... and I really want to do it - just gotta convince the wife :whip: :lol:

If we do end up doing it, it'll be done next spring. Regarding a deck, that's another reason I want to bury the pool as the cost of building one would be cheaper :whoot:

Please post some pictures when you get your deck done.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
glad to see someone else with wood decks! I love mine...
as far as cost of deck, having one raised 4-5 feet above ground is not any more expensive than 1 foot off ground- and wood you want raised slightly to prevent bugs/rot...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.