Intex SWG

Remembering the set run time is all that it needed, IMHO.
To remember when to start, it would have to have a real time clock, and then you'd have to set the clock!
That's why most ECGs are powered with the pump and just have a % power setting, they don't need to know how long to run at one time, they just run a % of a set time, which can lead to inaccuracy in figuring run time.
That is really what you have too, each hour is 1/12 (8.3%) of max generation capacity, because it is limited to 12 hours/day (at least that is what the 2008 8110 model does.) If you have your pump set to run for less then 12 hours then your power % for each hour is 1/(pump hours), ie.. for a 10 hour pump run time each hour of ECG run is exactly 10% power!
For the other ECGs that use a power period of say 2 hours, the display may say 50%, but the actual generation on a pump run time of 3 hours could vary anywhere from 66-33% depending on whether it generates the first of the two hour period or waits first (it would run 2 out of 3, or 1 out of 3 hours.)
And for the price, it can't be beat!(Assuming the price hasn't gone up, and the grams/hour generation is the same.)
Good Luck, and Best Wishes!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
New2Me said:
Remembering the set run time is all that it needed, IMHO.
To remember when to start, it would have to have a real time clock, and then you'd have to set the clock!
That's why most ECGs are powered with the pump and just have a % power setting, they don't need to know how long to run at one time, they just run a % of a set time, which can lead to inaccuracy in figuring run time.
Majority of reverse polarity units keep track of how long they run, Intex would be pretty much the only one that doesn't (is it even reverse polarity?).

My filter has 1.5" female npt thread. Anyone know where I can get an adapter 1.5"mpt X whatever that Intex hose coupling screws on to?? Anyone know what brand, type, model or anything about that coupling..?
I called Intex and the customer service guy couldn't tell me...

Looks like Intex uses Hayward fittings...I found them on shoplandmarkpools.com
I ordered three of the SP1495 couplings(1.5" female threads both ends). It looks to be what Intex uses, with the O-Ring in the coupling. Will let ya'll know...

divinduck said:
Got it, I returned the new one and found an 2009 with no copper ionizer for $134 online and free shipping !

Would you please tell us where you found this one at? I am hoping it was not just a sale price. The lowest price I have found, as of tonight, is $199, plus S&H. I will keep looking, though. Thanks for all the info, everyone!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.