Lawnmower Class Action Settlement

I got one too, and yes, I have always wondered about that. It seems like every couple of years or so, they tack on another 0.5 HP to the label. My 3 year old Tecumseh-powered Toro walk-behind has a sticker on the top that says 6.5 HP, but it sure doesn't seem to have any more power than the old 3 HP Toro (not self-propelled) that I used to push through 4" St. Augustine at the age of 13.

I still like my Toro 6.5 HP mower. But if I had the opportunity to do it over, I would have spent the extra cash and gotten the commercial version with the Honda engine and a MUCH larger bagging capacity. Seems like with this one, I am having to empty the bag every three strips or so. I will give Tecumseh and Briggs this though, they are really easy to work on as far as engines go and you can find parts for them anywhere.

It would be nice if the horsepower was measured at the working end point. I believe outboards do this now. Cars horsepower ratings are for crankshaft not brake horsepower, different things. Just an unknowledgable rant.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.