Booster switch on Mineral springs unit

Apr 1, 2010
I have a mineral springs unit, my chlorine was almost zero so i hit the booster switch and the light comes on, less than 2 hours the light goes out i did a quick test and the chlorine reading was the same. So has anyone had issues with the booster switch if so whats the fix if there is one besides a new unit. the unit was put in with the pool in march 2008. thanks.

scott

It could be that there's nothing wrong with your unit. Tell us a little more about the situation. Where are you located? What's the water temp? Is the water clear? What's the rest of your test numbers?

If the water is still below 60º the SWG is probably not generating. If it's above 60º you could have organics consuming your chlorine as fast as it's being generated. You can add liquid chlorine to get the FC up to where it needs to be.

Ok lets see Im in Charleston SC
my PH was 6.2 I added 1.5lbs of 20 Mule to bring it up
my T.A was below 1 so i added 8lbs of B.soda to bring it up,
chlorine didn't even register on the test (TF100) so thats why i put the booster on.

water temp is/was 77
salt reading is 3500

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.