Anyone know what kind of pump I have?

kjdiver

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 23, 2009
Virginia
I am having trouble getting the pump to prime so I think I need to replace the lid gasket? I've only had the house for over a year and I think the pump is at least 10+ years. On the lid cover it say Wet Instrument and Environmental Tech. I can't find anything when I google for it. Here is a picture. Thanks!

P4080706.JPG

I did try looking up the info but it is just the motor information. I now know what replacement for that I need! Unfortunately I need to know about the wet side.

I just figured out I need a new cover as there is super small whole right in the middle of the cover. Only can see it when turning the pump on/off quickly a little spout of water comes out. I wonder if I could maybe just epoxy the center?????

thanks for the responses thus far! Anymore info is much appreciated!!!!

Yeah, I had the same problem. The motor info was apparent but I had to look really hard to find pump info. If you haven't done so already, take a flashlight and look very closely all around the pump and you may find the answer.

After scrutinizing mine, I finally found on the pump housing in very small letters: Sta-Rite.

Looks like a Premier pump, series 556N, should be a 6" lid o-ring. If it is a Premier pump, part # for o-ring is 33-489.
Generic o-ring cross reference O-13 or an original Sta-Rite o-ring will work U9-46. Parts for this pump are not easy to come by. Lid and Clamp are obsolete. Hope this helps. Pump is old ! !

RiverBrookPools said:
Parts for this pump are not easy to come by. Lid and Clamp are obsolete. Hope this helps. Pump is old ! !

Ditto! I see these every once in a while still. Probably not worth spending a lot of time with. A new pump will be much more efficient, quieter and easier to maintain (but probably not cheaper than keeping the one you already have!).

RiverBrookPools said:
Looks like a Premier pump, series 556N, should be a 6" lid o-ring. If it is a Premier pump, part # for o-ring is 33-489.
Generic o-ring cross reference O-13 or an original Sta-Rite o-ring will work U9-46. Parts for this pump are not easy to come by. Lid and Clamp are obsolete. Hope this helps. Pump is old ! !

I appreciate everyones responses and a big THANKS to Mike! I was able to do some searching with the info you provided and I think I found a few options for replacement covers. I do need a new pump but a new lid might be instore as I figure out the type of pump I should get (that may be a future thread after reading a bunch of existing threads).

In the meantime, putting a bit of magic lube II in the center of the lid where the crack is makes the pump prime almost immediately. All the bubbles that use to be in the pot when the pump ran are almost non existant. This is my first pool and I'm learning tons thanks to TFP. Thanks everyone!!!

One more question as I'm feeling pretty dumb. The premier pump 556N looks close to my pump but there are a few things different so I went and measured. I measured 8" for the diameter of the lid on my pump, the listed dimensions for the premier pump is 6". Are the lids measurement the interior or the exterior measurement?? I just assumed outer diameter...

I really need to get a new pump...without having to become a fluid engineer in the meantime...

Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.