Re-Sizing an AGP??

Apr 8, 2010
I grabbed a pool for really cheap ($100). Thought it was a 24' but turns out to be a 27'. My property & deck is set for a 24' from the previous owner.

Can I simply install one or two less rails,posts, etc an end up with a 24' circle? Then re-drill the steel wall at the 24' mark.

I really can't afford a brand new pool right now.

A new liner it a definite. It appears to me that that there is a simple reason as to why standard pools go 15,18,21,24,27, etc. Exactly 3' apart. They just use more supports & a longer wall to get the next size up.

I could be wrong.

According to my pool. A 24' round with 16 supports all I'd have to do to make it a 27' would be to add 9' 5-1/8" to the wall and two supports and top rails. The math works out perfectly. I see no reason you couldn't remove 9' 5-1/8" from the wall and two supports & top rails from a 27' pool to make it a 24' pool.

Tip of the day...

Measure twice cut once!!! :mrgreen:

Good luck! :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think I'd start by laying out the upper and lower rails for the 27' layout, then take a water hose or something else you can easily shape into the circle and lay it inside at 24' radius (measure between the two all the way around to get it perfect. Then, you can begin "building" the 24' radius with the parts you have and adjust from there.

The only other issue I can think might give you a problem is where you have to drill the new holes...it won't have the rolled end that gives it more strength so that the bolts don't tear through the single layer. You could try bending the end back on itself and adding a strip of steel or something to give it some extra strength.

Good luck with this...it is definitely interesting.

Northcountry said:
The only other issue I can think might give you a problem is where you have to drill the new holes...it won't have the rolled end that gives it more strength so that the bolts don't tear through the single layer. You could try bending the end back on itself and adding a strip of steel or something to give it some extra strength.

Good luck with this...it is definitely interesting.

My new/used pool I just picked up had a 3/16" x 52" x 2" strip of aluminum on both sides of the seam for support. You can get that at lowes or hd and drill it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.