My swamp...please advise

diloglm

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2008
Bel Air, MD
OK, so I was planning on covering my pool last winter, but....it never happened. Almost glad I didn`t with the ferocious blizzards we had to contend with! Now I am stuck with a green pool with the water level below the skimmer. I have been using my robotic vacuum to get as much of the crud as possible. I will keep this process up for several days. I was wondering, should I add some bleach to help the process in the mean time or fill the pool up and get the pump up and running and run tests? I have the awesome test kit and swear by BBB so I`m not too intimidated about what lies ahead or in this case beneath!!

Thanks!!!!

I agree completely with Paul.....get your pump and filter in the equation.

Additionally, I would switch to manual vacuuming to save wear and tear on your robot. Use him to get the fine stuff. My guess is he is plugging up very quickly. Your sand filter is very capable of handling the sludge and then backwashing it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.