Solor heat question/advice

AV8TOR

Dec 6, 2008
Fort Worth TX
I am located in Texas where heating the pool is not a problem but I would like to stretch the season by 3 weeks or so beginning and end. I should also say that we have a lot of sun. These panels are only $225 and to me it seems worth it. I understand this will not be the most efficient not produce the most heat but it seems like it will help.
So this might be hoaky but I am wondering if I could take these two panels and simply lay them on the pool deck concrete and power with a small pump on a timer during sunlight periods. I am thinking these will be out for only 3-4 weeks before the season begins and simply roll them up during the season and store them. Our poured deck around our built in gets so hot that at times you can't stand without something on your feet.

Link

Yes, that can work very well. You only need about 4 GPM per panel, or 8 GPM total, which is just under 500 GPH. It is not that difficult to install a diverter valve on your existing pump to tap off a little water flow. Or you can get some appropriate inexpensive submersible pump, though that could pose some safety risks if you were swimming while it was on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.