Where to Buy Pool Pump, Filter, etc

QCJLo

Jun 30, 2009
I'm currently in the process of finding a PB for a fiberglass pool install. I'm considering doing some of the install myself to save on costs. The PB that I might use is quoting me $600 more to upgrade to the Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 pump (from a standard non-variable Pentair pump). That got me thinking... are they just adding to an already inflated price? I've done a search online for some of the equipment that will be installed. But I'd like some advice on where you make your purchase. I'd like to make sure I'm purchasing from a reputable seller.

Here's what I'm looking at installing. If I'm missing anything or you have advice, feel free to add it: :wink:

- St Thomas Viking fiberglass pool (13,700 gallons)
- Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 or the VF
- Filter (undecided... recommendations?)
- Chlorine generator (undecided... recommendations?)
- Pentair EasyTouch controller (not sure which model)
- Pentair Intellibrite pool light (opinions?)
- Natural Gas Pool Heater (not sure if I'll be putting one in, but recommendations would be welcome)

Is there an online store that you guys trust and has good prices for these items?

I've had good luck with Amerimerc.com.

Filter - I personally prefer a cartridge type filter, but there are many who worship at the sand and DE altar as well. Sand and DE both have to be periodically backwashed, so if you go that route you'll need to have an area to backwash to. Carts have to periodically cleaned as well, but depending on the size of the filter, you can go a while in between cleanings.

I can't really comment on the rest of your questions, as I don't have any experience with the higher end chlorinators, the Intellibrite light, or a heater, but I'm sure others will be happy to chime in.

QCJLo said:
I'm currently in the process of finding a PB for a fiberglass pool install. I'm considering doing some of the install myself to save on costs. The PB that I might use is quoting me $600 more to upgrade to the Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 pump (from a standard non-variable Pentair pump). That got me thinking... are they just adding to an already inflated price? I've done a search online for some of the equipment that will be installed. But I'd like some advice on where you make your purchase. I'd like to make sure I'm purchasing from a reputable seller.

Here's what I'm looking at installing. If I'm missing anything or you have advice, feel free to add it: :wink:

- St Thomas Viking fiberglass pool (13,700 gallons)
- Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 or the VF
- Filter (undecided... recommendations?)
- Chlorine generator (undecided... recommendations?)
- Pentair EasyTouch controller (not sure which model)
- Pentair Intellibrite pool light (opinions?)
- Natural Gas Pool Heater (not sure if I'll be putting one in, but recommendations would be welcome)

Is there an online store that you guys trust and has good prices for these items?
I'd take a look at one of the places that offer a discount to members. A lifetime membership can easily pay for itself given the amount of money you're about to spend.

I'm still looking for opinions of PoolsOnly.com as they seem to have the best prices compared to anywhere else I've looked. Has anyone used them? Are they a trustworthy site?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.