I'm currently in the process of finding a PB for a fiberglass pool install. I'm considering doing some of the install myself to save on costs. The PB that I might use is quoting me $600 more to upgrade to the Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 pump (from a standard non-variable Pentair pump). That got me thinking... are they just adding to an already inflated price? I've done a search online for some of the equipment that will be installed. But I'd like some advice on where you make your purchase. I'd like to make sure I'm purchasing from a reputable seller.
Here's what I'm looking at installing. If I'm missing anything or you have advice, feel free to add it:
- St Thomas Viking fiberglass pool (13,700 gallons)
- Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 or the VF
- Filter (undecided... recommendations?)
- Chlorine generator (undecided... recommendations?)
- Pentair EasyTouch controller (not sure which model)
- Pentair Intellibrite pool light (opinions?)
- Natural Gas Pool Heater (not sure if I'll be putting one in, but recommendations would be welcome)
Is there an online store that you guys trust and has good prices for these items?