wind direction and skimmer placement??

KurtG

Feb 26, 2010
Annapolis, MD
OK, we ordered the resin pool over the al one (prior post). It is a 18' Kamika/Nuance by trevi with a 2 speed 1.5 HP pump/150 square ft cartridge filter. It is sitting in the garage and I go to get the county permit Fri.

I've been digging the alien ship landing spot for a few weeks now. It's pretty smooth and level, but I had to dig quite a bit out of our sloping yard (may 18-24" out of the upper side).

We have code set-backs and electrical code issues to deal with here. The pool is in the corner of our lot so I don't have a lot of options on siting the pump & filter and dealing with both the the property line and electrical setbacks together.

How important is wind direction to skimmer placement and would I be better off making a long plumbing run to get the direction correct? I'm worried about losing flow with a longer plumbing run.

Thanks-

I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you are in an excessively windy location, where daily you'd have winds in excess of 10-15 mph pushing away from the skimmer.... what direction were you thinking of placing the equipment? Mine is due North, so the southerly and soutwest winds do tend to help push things in the correct direction.

Sounds like your pump/filter is a good match. I run mine on low 24/7. :)

I think my prevailing winds are out of the southeast, not sure exactly how close I could get the skimmer to the northwest side without lengthening the plumbing run or worrying about setting the pump too high on the elevated side of the pool. I need to take the tape and compass out there this afternoon and make a better estimate. I probably could dig a ledge for the pump/filter if the best location is on the high side, but man have I done enough digging.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.