Hey. we're the piggyfarmers

we're a family of 5 in the deep south and bought a midcentury time capsule recently. just the pool area is abt the size of our previous home, so we have tremendous work to prove it was worth the deal.

the pool house was rented separately before. we are very pleased to have cleaned it out as best as we can for now and are refilling it tomorrow as soon as we replace the lightbulb (and gasket?).

this first photo is after we had to do some emergency shocking and filling, scrubs of the sides for the appraisal, scooping giant sheets of algae. (and fishing out chairs, concrete, a radio, and food cans....) the pump appears to work.

here's working on it.
25601402@N00

and after carefully working off the cover of the bottom drain, i am glad to say we are much closer to glass, screw, and nail free, if not completely.

i already appreciate the direction towards the fas-dpd test kit.
i used bbb when we had the intex in the previous yard.

frustratedpoolmom said:
Welcome! Something isn't working right with your photo links. I tried to fix it but am not able to. Did you copy and past the correct IMG code from the webpage?
If you quote the original post and change for you will get a clickable link for the pictures.

Hi Piggyfarmers! That looks really nice now! I don't envy you all that hard work!

thanks for making the photo link. tell me what i did wrong.

yes, we have quite the fixer upper. today my 11y son made all the big bathtub rings disappear with straight vinegar from a home sprayer, and i painted the ladder tops. after we give up hunting the switch to the light we will start filling it.

piggyfarmers said:
thanks for making the photo link. tell me what i did wrong.

Not sure - for a direct link as they posted for you, you just use the "URL" button around the link. For the picture to appear directly in the thread, you copy and paste the "IMG" code from the site into the message here. But for some reason that didn't seem to work - I tried changing it a few different ways and nothing.... does flickr offer more than one choice of code/links after you've uploaded? Photobucket offers 4 choices, but the text looks the same to me as far as I can tell. So it just may be that Flickr doesn't allow a direct-type link, only a clickable type link. IDK.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support