Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hey. we're the piggyfarmers

1. Back To Top    #1

Hey. we're the piggyfarmers

we're a family of 5 in the deep south and bought a midcentury time capsule recently. just the pool area is abt the size of our previous home, so we have tremendous work to prove it was worth the deal.

the pool house was rented separately before. we are very pleased to have cleaned it out as best as we can for now and are refilling it tomorrow as soon as we replace the lightbulb (and gasket?).

this first photo is after we had to do some emergency shocking and filling, scrubs of the sides for the appraisal, scooping giant sheets of algae. (and fishing out chairs, concrete, a radio, and food cans....) the pump appears to work.

here's working on it.

and after carefully working off the cover of the bottom drain, i am glad to say we are much closer to glass, screw, and nail free, if not completely.

i already appreciate the direction towards the fas-dpd test kit.
    i used bbb when we had the intex in the previous yard.
    33K IG 1967 45' X 20' Roman 4-8 ft plaster/gunite. Triton Sand, 1.5 HP pump. Indoor with Screen Atrium top. Bought a Swamp with Nails Glass and Trash with An Algae Encrusted Astroturf Surround. On par and thankful to TFP since 4/2010. A good test kit is your friend! Using a K-2006, refills from TFTest kits.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hey. we're the piggyfarmers

Welcome! Something isn't working right with your photo links. I tried to fix it but am not able to. Did you copy and past the correct IMG code from the webpage?
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by frustratedpoolmom
    Welcome! Something isn't working right with your photo links. I tried to fix it but am not able to. Did you copy and past the correct IMG code from the webpage?
    If you quote the original post and change for you will get a clickable link for the pictures.

Hi Piggyfarmers! That looks really nice now! I don't envy you all that hard work!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!

Here are clickable links for the pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25601402@N00/4498431719/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25601402@N00/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25601402@N00/4498431861/

Looks like a wonderful place. A little TLC and it will be fantastic.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to the forum

Your place is going to be gorgeous!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

thanks for making the photo link. tell me what i did wrong.

yes, we have quite the fixer upper. today my 11y son made all the big bathtub rings disappear with straight vinegar from a home sprayer, and i painted the ladder tops. after we give up hunting the switch to the light we will start filling it.
    33K IG 1967 45' X 20' Roman 4-8 ft plaster/gunite. Triton Sand, 1.5 HP pump. Indoor with Screen Atrium top. Bought a Swamp with Nails Glass and Trash with An Algae Encrusted Astroturf Surround. On par and thankful to TFP since 4/2010. A good test kit is your friend! Using a K-2006, refills from TFTest kits.

7. Back To Top    #7

feel free to point me to special considerations/similar pools since it is indoor with a screen roof!

8. Back To Top    #8

Welcome to TFP! Love the pictures!
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by piggyfarmers
    thanks for making the photo link. tell me what i did wrong.
    Not sure - for a direct link as they posted for you, you just use the "URL" button around the link. For the picture to appear directly in the thread, you copy and paste the "IMG" code from the site into the message here. But for some reason that didn't seem to work - I tried changing it a few different ways and nothing.... does flickr offer more than one choice of code/links after you've uploaded? Photobucket offers 4 choices, but the text looks the same to me as far as I can tell. So it just may be that Flickr doesn't allow a direct-type link, only a clickable type link. IDK.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

10. Back To Top    #10

thanks. somewhere my brain says flick has another code i just didn't find yet.