Adding Chlorine Nuetralizer

Mar 13, 2010
[*]When adding chlorine nuetralizer to the pool, what is the best method for adding it?
I know that it should not be put into the skimmer, should I sprinkle & brush it around the pool?how long does it generally take to work?

I wouldn't add the chlorine neutralizer. It adds sulphates to the water. Instead, why not just retract your roof here and there to expose the pool to the sunlight and the chlorine should drop very rapidly. You should see a drop by 50% within the next day or so by exposing the pool to the sun, even with CYA in the water (if you added some). Did you confirm any FC loss via the overnight loss test to determine you are done shocking?

We use Sodium Metabisulfite (sp) to neutralize the chlorine before it runs through our R/O membranes. It is a food grade product and is mixed with fresh R/O water (we buy it in granular form) and introduce it via injection pumps. We have broadcast it into the pool water on occasion as well, and it worked great!

Chlorine neutralizer has some uses in an indoor pool, especially if you are running with zero CYA, as many people do (though we don't recommend doing that).

The best way to add chlorine neutralizer is to pre-dissolve it in a bucket of water and then pour that slowly in front of a return jet (with the pump running). Leave the pump running for at least 30 minutes, preferably longer, after the addition.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.