So whats your starting swim Temp?

AV8TOR

Dec 6, 2008
Fort Worth TX
Last year when the pool hit 70º we did our first swim. That was last year with the new house and poll and all. Well the pool just hit 70º yesterday but I don't have that same desire to take the plunge so I was wondering what your first plunge temp is?

My pool was right at 70 last night. I was cleaning and doing maintenance and splashing water on me and it felt really good. My steps aren't up yet or I would have probably took a dip. LOL I am sure it would have been cold but it sure felt good while I was working to feel that water hit me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It has to be warm enough not to take my breath away when I stick my toe in! :shock: :mrgreen:

Warm enough that I could stick my hand in to get a test sample. :) I probably won't swim till the end of May. Not even sure why I opened it other than I had this uncontrollable urge to look at the water instead of the icky cover. LOL

AV8TOR said:
Last year when the pool hit 70º we did our first swim. That was last year with the new house and poll and all. Well the pool just hit 70º yesterday but I don't have that same desire to take the plunge so I was wondering what your first plunge temp is?

Last week when the water was 65 degrees, I tried dangling my legs into the pool and my limbs went numb after about twenty minutes. At 72 degrees today, I went for complete submersion. It was cold at first, but after a few minutes felt pretty good.

This is our first season with a pool. My 9 yr old and 5 yr old could not wait after the build was complete, they both jumped in and then out quickly when it was 61 in the pool....Youth will do crazy things to young boys I guess. Neighborhood kids and mine were in it for over an hour last Sat. Temp in the pool was in the low 70's. Son talked me into jumping in yesterday so I gave in, temp was 72 in the pool....it was cold! I will wait for 78 or so before I get in again. Temp today was 74 in the pool...still waiting it out, but it's fun to watch the kids enjoy it.

I have to wear a wet suit scuba diving in the tropics or get too chilled. But I can work in 100+ temps without succumbing to heat exhaustion.

When I introduce the new puppies (12 wk old Aus. Cattle Dogs) to pool, in a few weeks, I'll be wearing a wet suit. Water temp today 68. One Labradoodle is swimming, the other and Jake Mastiff are getting in up to whithers and sitting for a spell.

gg=alice

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.