In DFW - Who do you recommend to do a re-plaster job?

robmaxfli said:
Looking for someone that is honest, does good work and reasonably priced...
thanks

Wish I could help you. We had ours replastered in '96 by someone recommended by our contractor who was remodling our house. It was an exceptionally great job as the plaster is still holding up well after 14 years of extreme abuse (by me) from out of balance water and several heavy acid washes (by me). I've even had it empty for over a month at a time during August sun/heat.

My "Favorite, Most Trusted Pool Guy" does not do re-plaster (or solar, or liners) but does recommend contractors that he trust for those jobs. He owns an independent pool store in Desoto,(far south Dallas county, east of Cedar Hill and Joe Pool lake) is the main field person, and has been in business for over 20 years. He is extremely busy, too; works six days a week. PM me and I'll give you his contact info. Or you could ask around, neighbors perhaps, for recommendations. I would certainly want someone who does the job to show me some work he/she did 10-20 years ago to see how the plaster is holding up. Almost all of the pools in my neighborhood are less than 10 years old so asking my neighbors would not be a good recommendation for longevity.

gg=alice

Ask the reputable pool builders in your area. They are the ones that spend all the time on building pools, and most likely want a nice finish that they can be proud of when the job is done and would be able to point you in the right direction.

"Reasonably priced" could be interpreted a couple of ways! Reasonably priced as to what you want to pay or feel it is worth, or reasonably priced for a company that needs to be licensed, insured and earn a profit can be two completely different measuring sticks! Check your BBB and Contractors Licensing Board on anyone you are considering hiring.

I have no experience with this company, but Wylie Plastering is one that you should put on your short list. Back when I was researching companies for my replastering job they seemed to have a good reputation. Supposedly many contractors use them for new builds and restoration.

Whoever you decide to go with, please update this post with your experience. I'll be looking again in a year or two, and would really appreciate your input. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.