Cut Solar Cover with Polaris 280

svenpup

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 18, 2009
Sacramento, CA
I have seen discussion here about solar covers being cut into pieces for easier handling.

I have also seen discussion about using a polaris (or other pressure side cleaner) under a solar cover (which I am current doing and it works fine).

What I haven't seen is anyone who has cut their solar cover AND uses a polaris cleaner. I am thinking about doing just that. My fear is that the polaris hose will move the pieces around and push them onto each other.

Does anyone have experience doing this?

I have one big piece and one small piece, and the small piece is smaller than the area that was left over; that is, if I snug it up against the big piece and one wall, there's a 1-2' gap along the other wall. So the small piece has lots of wiggle room. It doesn't get pushed up onto (or under) the big piece; the Polaris hose doesn't have enough oomph to make that happen.

Based on watching and thinking about the way the hose moves, if I had two more equal-size pieces (which is my plan for the next cover), I would prefer to cut the cover so the cuts are parallel to the wall where the Polaris hose is attached. That way the hose is unlikely to pop up between pieces.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.