Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DIY Aerator - how to?

1. Back To Top    #1

DIY Aerator - how to?

I've read about a few DIY aerators. I'd like to make one. I get the PVC idea up until installing it in the return line. How do you do that?

Duraleigh - I read something you wrote back in 2007 about your DIY aerator but it didn't have the pictures. Do you still have access to the pics? I'd love to see them.

Thanks!
    10,408 gallon, 21' round, 52 in' deep AG, half in ground
    Artesian Clear Master Plus Sand Filter, Artesian Turbo King 2 hp pump, installed June 08
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    GEAUX TIGERS!
    Pics taken 2012
    http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad25 ... CN0606.jpg
    http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad25 ... CN0607.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: DIY Aerator - how to?

There are a couple of links to aerators in the Lowering TA article at Pool School, look in the fourth paragraph.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: DIY Aerator - how to?

Quote Originally Posted by esim13
    I've read about a few DIY aerators. I'd like to make one. I get the PVC idea up until installing it in the return line. How do you do that?

Duraleigh - I read something you wrote back in 2007 about your DIY aerator but it didn't have the pictures. Do you still have access to the pics? I'd love to see them.

Thanks!

The one I whipped up uses a standard 1 1/2" mail threaded pvc connector from Lowes.

Steve
    18' x 36' vinyl, 3' shallow - 9' deep
    Hayward Perflex E65
    Hayward Superpump.