Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Source for Muriatic Acid in SoCal

1. Back To Top    #1

Source for Muriatic Acid in SoCal

My first purchase of Muriatic Acid was from Home Depot (the KemTek 14.5% stuff), and it worked ok at $10 for 2 gallons. I ventured to the local pool supply to get some of the 33% acid, and their price is about $18 a gallon.

It seems that the better route would be to buy twice as much of the Kemtek/HomeDepot, and it would still be half the cost of the pool supply place. Does anyone know of a reasonable source for the 33% acid?

Thanks,

Jim
    18 x 28 with 8x8 Spa with Vanishing Edge Dam wall, Pentair 4 x 160 & 2 Whisperflo, Badu Swimjet SuperSport, Pentair 400Kbtu Minimax, 80sqft DE CAT 1000 PH Controller with Stenner Pump/Tank combo

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Source for Muriatic Acid in SoCal

Try a hardware or paint store.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

I just got some MA at Leslie's They were about $11 for 2 gal. 30% stuff.
    14000K gal 400sq ft w 6x8 spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS3050, Pentair cart filter, Pentair Master Temp, Pentair Intellichlor IC40, Pentair Easy Touch 8, wireless control. 3x intellibrite LED light. Pentair Kreepy Krauley Sand Shark. Solar Panel Plumbing. 2 x 24 inch arc sheer 24" spa spill way.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

everyday low price is $4.29gl for 31.5% here