Why a 2 speed pump?

Bart said:
Thanks! Now I have to figure out if I'm getting a 2 speed pump or not.

Check with your local energy company and your state tax guidelines as well. In some areas of the country, you'll get a tax or energy credit for a 2 speed or variable speed pump. It helps cut some of the initial cost along with the long term savings.

In talking to the pool guy, he said this, "The two speed pumps are available but don't work very well with DE filters. They are mostly used by our competitors that use cartridge filters which are inferior in their ability to take out small particles down to 1 micron. The DE filter is far superior in that regard."

Does that make sense?

If you want my honest opinion, get a cart and a 2 speed. Of course I am biased, but if you go with an SWG then a cart is the way to go. DE filters are a pain to maintain and you will not be able to tell the difference in water clarity.

When you are charging a DE filter with DE, or backwashing, you need to have a two speed pump on high speed. As long as you do that there shouldn't be any problems.

DE filters are better at filtering, but most people can't actually see the difference in the water between DE and cartridge (assuming everything else is the same). Of course, some people can see the difference quite clearly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.