Aquabot T2 Impeller problems

Jun 30, 2008
Suffolk County, NY
Ive been using the Aquabot T2 for about 3 years. No complaints until today.

Today it ran about an hour and when I went to check up on it, it was flipped over.
It seems like the impeller is not running properly. It is spinning, but maybe just not fast enough to climb.

If it is walking the floor, it will do fine and pick up dirt. But when it tries getting up a wall, it flips over and stays there.

When it is working properly, you can tell because there is a lot of water displacement at the surface of the pool on top of the impeller. But now there is no displacement at all. But the impeller is spinning. I dont know how fast it is supposed to so Im not sure if that is the issue, or perhaps there is a clog somewhere else.

I removed everything, checked all hoses, and everything seems ok. Is it possible something is gunked up in the motor?
Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

Obviously your problem was more serious, but if the cleaner flips over like that when trying to climb the wall, it can also be a symptom that the bag is too full/dirty and needs to be cleaned. Obviously this isn't a problem regularly, but it can be if the pool is really dirty (opening it up for example).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.