help - how to add vacuum line

I'm thinking of moving my equipment pad to another area of the yard. While I do this I'd like to add some type of ball valve to the current lines (which have none) and a separate line for vacuuming. Would the vaccum line be possible? What type of valves are recommended? Any suggestions or advice, as always is greatly appreciated!

Adding a vacuuming port to an above ground pool is fairly simple. If it is alright for the port to be outside the pool it is especially simple.

I like particuarly like Jandy NeverLube valves, though many less expensive choices would also work.

Hi Jason, I'm a newb so I have to ask what do you mean by port? I just want to make sure I'm clear on this. Also would this go through the same panel that the skimmer and return are cut through? then join the return line at the pump? with each line having it's own valve?

I'm not Jason, but by port I'm sure he means the place you plug the cleaner into. It'll be an adaptor on the end of a pipe for the hose to connect to.

One thing we need to get straight is whether you have (or intend to buy) a suction or pressure side cleaner? It matters how the "port" is plumbed.

Sorry I'm just now seeing this.
That is a suction side cleaner. The most normal place to attach those is the skimmer. I have a zoom and a plate that sits in the skimmer over the basket that way you don't give up the basket when vacuuming.

You can add a suction line and if you don't want to cut into the wall you can plumb it above the wall. The only problem with that is that there will be several inches of pipe above the water line and therefore will tend to get air in it.

esim13 said:
A pic would be great Denis. Thanks!

Ask and you shall receive!

4537715964_d93f3ded03_b.jpg

Hi Denis
Does the vacuum line not take take on air when its plumbed in like this? and if it did would it real pose a problem? Thanks, I'm trying to learn from the pros!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Depending on how well the hose cuff fits the fitting it might be fine. The only problem you may have is in the future when the hose cuff expands or contracts it may not fit as well but then you cna always replace it when that happens.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.