PSI is too high

I don't think the female side is cracked but there is teflon tape. This pool was put in less than a year ago. Now we did have some frost a few times and
we had 1/2 inch of ice on the pool this winter, which is very unusual for NW Georgia.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It depends on the size of the leak whether you should run it or not. If it's little more than a drip, such that you won't have any puddles, I'd say run it. But not overnight. Check it periodically in case something lets go - you don't want to empty your pool onto your lawn and under your house foundation while you sleep.

If you have any doubts, wait a day until you can get a gauge.

It's a decent size leak water spraying everywhere. well decent amount, but not flood proportions. I was backwashing the pool for about 10 minutes.
How would I go about changing it out? Any tips or tricks?

BTW Richard 320 I just noticed you live in San Dimas. Reminds me of Bill and Ted.

manomelissa said:
It's a decent size leak water spraying everywhere. well decent amount, but not flood proportions. I was backwashing the pool for about 10 minutes.
How would I go about changing it out? Any tips or tricks?

BTW Richard 320 I just noticed you live in San Dimas. Reminds me of Bill and Ted.
It unscrews. Lefty-loosey, righty-tighty. A wrench or a pair of channel-lock pliers should do the job. It is coming from the gauge threads, and not the air-bleed, right?

You can usually buy the whole thing as an assembly at a pool store - air bleed, gauge, everything that's screwed into the filter tank together.

Unscrew the part that is leaking, take it to a pool store and they should have a replacement part. If it is just the gauge then it should be under $10, if there are additional parts attached it might be a little more. The new one should get a couple of wraps of Teflon plumbers tape (which the pool store should have if you don't currently have any) and then gets screwed in where the old one was. It should only need to be finger tight, don't use too much force.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.