getting clear sparkling water?

My new ultra-superendous kit has left Bloomington, CA headed for Bakersfield! I may get it today unless it is routed to Chicago for some reason. That is a funny story above - the OP can really tell a great story.

So the new kit will be able to read the water to a very sensitive degree. The only thing I have to worry about now is loser error. How easy is it to interpret the readings correctly?

It's very easy to use. The hardest test is probably the CH test. The PH is fine (unless you are color blind, LOL) I find the OTO test too hard to read so I rarely use it, instead using the FAS-DPD test for daily checks.

You're gonna luv it! ;)

randelli said:
On the truck for delivery!

Why am I so excited about this??? I can finally control my pool instead of my pool controling me.

If there was only a http://www.troublefreewife.com .................
Hey! You should be excited about soon-to-be-receiving your new TF100 kit! :goodjob:
There's just no substitute for a good test kit when it comes to pool maintenance and making it easy.

BUT, be careful with that last comment :shock: :hammer:

Got the kit and did my first test. I don't know who messed up - Leslie's or me - but my results are a little different:

Date: 4/9
FC: 14
CC: 1
TC: 15
pH: 7.2
T/A: 140?
CH: 440?
CYA: 60
Temp: 66

I am off to check the pool calculator. The T/A and CH look off to me.

randelli said:
Got the kit and did my first test. I don't know who messed up - Leslie's or me - but my results are a little different:

Date: 4/9
FC: 14
TC: 15
pH: 7.2
T/A: 140?
Temp: 66

I am off to check the pool calculator. The T/A and CH look off to me.

Congrats on TF100! You're in control now :-D

Always trust your own test over the pool store. That said, this being your first test could have a little user error in it. :wink:

I suggest you re-test tomorrow. Take it slow, esp on the TA & CH tests.

On the TA test, wipe the dropper with a damp cloth every other drop or so. With the CH test, make sure you swirl each time drops are added.

I would not make any adjustments to your pool chemistry until you confirm test results.

Have a good night :wave:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here are pics from this morning. You can see that the water is much more clear and you can almost see the main drain.
IMG_0007.jpg

You can also see how dirty the bottom is. It has been stormy this week so I am hoping that the dirt was blown in and is not still coming from the filter.
IMG_0006.jpg

Here are the test results from this morning:

Date: 4/10
FC: 13
TC: 14
pH: 7.4
T/A: 120?
Temp: 61

I guess I need to adjust the T/A and CH

Finish fighting the algae, get CC down to 0.5, and get everything stabilized before worrying about the TA and CH levels very much. Long term you need to get either TA or CH down a little, but there isn't any rush. For now, continue at shock level.

Randelli,

You just may find that "dirt" in the bottom of your pool is dead algae. YOu've killed a lot of it and the "carcasses" seem to settle to the pool floor and look quite a bit like that. I would vacuum them up (either to wast or right back into the filter) and wouldn't be surprised if you see it diminish until your water is crystal clear.

It sounds like you may have plugged up the filter pretty good and, for reasons I don't quite understand, when mine gets too full of junk, it spits it back into the pool.

Did your psi tell you to backwash after you vacuumed?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.