Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Just a heads up... :goodjob:

I was out yesterday getting my BBB for the pool. I was looking for Borax 20 Mule Team in the green and yellow box and could not find it! That's because it's now packaged in a white box and the store had it all the way on the bottom shelf beside the OXYClean.

Good to know. Thanks Casey.

We have not been able to open our pool up here yet in ND. Still have about a 6 inch layer of ice on the water plus the lows at night are still a bit below freezing.

Maybe in a couple weeks. We usually open mid April or so. As soon as the ice is off the water, I then start the opening process.

HAPPY EASTER everyone!

Lol... I never would have found that if I was looking for it! I'm in my first session of pool maintenance and just getting ours up and running for the season.... haven't started with Borax yet, but have been considering it. Glad to know about the package change as I've been price shopping & know I would have missed it somewhere.

I stood in the laundry isle for 15 minutes wondering why they were sold out and then found it all the way on the bottom shelf. :hammer:

Thank you Casey!

Thank you so very much for posting that photo!

Borax is hard enough to find in my area--many stores carry it, but more often than not they are out of stock. Also my stores had it in two different shapes of boxes--short and squat and tall like a cereal box.

I wish they hadn't changed it to something so plain and colorless, but that is the style now. :(

Lana

Tonight I was wandering up and down a couple of aisles at Walmart thinking "did they quit carrying 20 Mule Team Borax?" I, too, was looking for a green box. Turns out that the boxes, like the picture, are now white and hidden WAY down on the bottom shelf.

I was in my Walmart a couple of weeks ago in the laundry isle. The Borax in old box used to be on top shelf and now it is located on bottom shelf, opposite shelf, but they were out. It's a pretty short shelf so probably the new box. First time I've seen Borax "out" there. I've been using it for years for household cleaning.

Store brand chlorine is usually out or nearly out in big bottles. That's pretty common in past few months.

I've noticed more and more people leaving Costco with multiple 3-pac boxes of Chlorox.

Maybe more and more people are leaning towards BBB method. :wink:

gg=alice

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.