Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaPure EI Series

1. Back To Top    #1

AquaPure EI Series

Is anyone familiar with the Jandy AquaPure EI Series? I don't see anything in the forums and it looks like a new model.

It's a 15 minute install. You drill holes in an existing line and plug it in. The installation reminds me of using a saddle valve to install an icemaker.
    http://www.jandyei.com/install.html

I am tired of messing with chlorine and I'm ready to take the SWG plunge. I now wish I included SWG when I built the pool.
    12'x24', 12K gal, IG, fiberglass, sand filter, gas heater, automatic safety cover, Baracuda G3, built in 2006
    TFP/BBB since 2008, Pool Calculator user
    Test kits: Leslie's DPD Deluxe, Taylor OTO, Taylor CYA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AquaPure EI Series

looking at the cell design i'd be concerned about the water flow through the cell, but i guess they thought about it and hopefully did something to facilitate it

3. Back To Top    #3

Getting a SWG is a great idea!

The AquaPure EI Series is easy to install, but only just a little easier than any other SWG. It does save you the trouble of doing any PVC plumbing, but PVC plumbing is easy enough.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I like it, because you can see the cell... and see when it needs cleaned.
    ~45Kg Pool with attached Spa, NSP-72 DE, Minmax 400 Heater, Tahoe Blue Pebbletech, Jandy SWG via Aqualink RS-8, The Pool Cleaner (black)
    Pumps: X3 Hybrid Pump (switches to SPA), 2HP Spa (additional, when SPA is on), and a 1HP For Waterfall
    8, 4x12 Solar Panels on the roof of the pool-house (~12' up)
    CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK: "I'M SORRY. I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME I AM" (Thanks to TFP!)

5. Back To Top    #5

I looked at my plumbing and the builder didn't leave enough spare pipe to install something like this. I'll bet that's often the case. I'll have to go with a more conventional install.
    12'x24', 12K gal, IG, fiberglass, sand filter, gas heater, automatic safety cover, Baracuda G3, built in 2006
    TFP/BBB since 2008, Pool Calculator user
    Test kits: Leslie's DPD Deluxe, Taylor OTO, Taylor CYA