TA test does not turn red (or any other color)

coog61

Nov 6, 2009
Richmond, TX
Using my TF Test kit for the first time. For the TA test, followed directions: water 25 ml, added two drops of R-0007 (mix), add 5 drops of R-0008 (mix) [water turns green] and then R-0009 one drop at a time (mixing between each). However, the water never changes from green. Test from PS and another kit shows the TA at ~80.

I am cleaning the tip between drop of the ..09. Also the drops seem very small (approx. half the size of typical droplets).

Any ideas? Do I need to mix for 20 sec between drops like for the CH test?

The R-0009 drops ought to be about the same size as for any other reagent. If the drops are small you probably have the static buildup problem. Wipe the tip with a damp cloth between each drop (decrease the frequency if experience shows the drops are okay that way). If you still get really small drops, it's conceivable you have a defective tip.

The R-0009 works in a second or two, mixing time is not the problem.
--paulr

This really sounds like the static buildup problem that PaulR mentioned causing you to not add enough titrant. Try doing the test again, wiping the dropper tip with a damp tissue at the start and after every three or four drops.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.