Bleach weak in Dallas

Wes45

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 15, 2009
Garland, TX
I've been buying the 3 jug boxes of Clorox at my local COSTCO off Rt 75 in Plano and it's taken me awhile to determine the sodium hypochlorite is only around 2-3%, not 6%.
I did the overnight algae test to make sure that wasn't my problem. I've been following the recommendations to get my Cl to 6.0 and it's been taking 2-3 times the amount of clorox to get it there.
I called Clorox and they are sending me a coupon for 3 free jugs, I guess that is better than nothing. I'm going to talk with the folks at COSTCO today to see if I can get more for free, but at a later date.
The black printing off the jug is A510018TX-109:34R. Clorox said it was made in January so it's not a shelf life issue. They also said if it froze it would get weaker. Just a heads up to anyone who might be experiencing the same problem. I'm guessing with the cold weather we've had here in Texas since January that a tractor trailor of it must have froze.
I'm going to buy some today from Sam's to see if I get better results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.