New Pump/filter question

skydiva44

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 18, 2009
Houston, Texas
We just got a new 4000 gpm filter/pump, we hooked it up and are not getting any suction thru the intake from the pool, we have disassembled 3 times and put it back on and still no flow. DH is about to throw it thru the back fence by now, we have also tried to get air bubbles out to no avail....any ideas?

Good news and bad news...I went back out and turned it on just for kicks and lo and behold I had a Geyser going from the outake and a suction you wouldn't believe on the intake....bad news is I couldn't get my skimmer hose hooked up with that suction action and turned it off and when I turned it back on I can't repeat the above scenario... I'm thinking there is an air pocket somewhere...DH just left to go out of town overnight and I am left to deal with this until he gets back.....My daughter getting a new fence put in by Daddy is more important than my little pool! LOL :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.