Hayward: navigator vs. pool vac ultra

Hi all,

The subject says it all really. I am interested in the differences between the two. I have searched here and elsewhere and have not been able to find any real differences. Anyone have any input?

Right now I have a pool vac ultra that came with my house and it is not doing well (meaning: it is pretty worn out). I am thinking of buying another one and parting this one out over time to the extent that the parts are useful.

Thanks in advance for any advice

The navigator requires constant maintenance due to all of the wear items. When it's working it cleans well.

I just bought a The Pool Cleaner to replace a navigator and I'm very impressed with the materials and build quality.

I loved my navigator for the first two months I had it - until it started getting stuck on the main drain. I started replacing parts, kept getting stuck no matter what I did... finally replaced it with a pool cleaner - Have done nothing to it in the thre years I've owned it. I bought a spare set of tires when I bought the cleaner, but still haven't needed to replace them - it just keeps working.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.