Opening pool soon

RiFisher said:
Why is the ph going up and down so much. Is this normal.

yes and no. When you add a lot of chlorine, you see a rise in PH, especially when the FC goes above 10. Then when the
FC drops back down to "normal" the PH does too.

Also, if the TA is not in range, you can see dramatic changes in pH. I believed your TA to be okay before - but you should recheck it to be sure.

I'll try to take a picture tomorrow evening.

I don't think that I understood the importance of testing the water every hour when Poolmom told me to but last night made a believer out of me. I know I started out with pea soup but if I had tested every hour and added bleach I don't think it would of taken as much bleach as it did.

Seeing is believing.

I know I'm not out of the woods yet as I need to get the water balanced.

I can't thank Poolmom enough for her help.

Thanks again Poolmom.

Tested at 6pm.
FC 4
CC 2
PH 7.2
TA 60
CH 80
CYA 28

Not real sure about the CH test as this is the first time I have done this one.

I will post the picture from 4/8 again just for reference.
100_0035a.jpg

4/17
100_0038a.jpg

4/17
100_0039a.jpg

I saw some dark colored spots on the bottom tonight and vaccumed the pool again.
Sure has come a long way.
I think I used about 40 jug of bleach so far. At $2.54 per jug that is $101.60.
If I had gone to the PS this would of cost at least $300.
Almost forgot Tested at 8pm FC 15.

Just an update and could I get some input on my numbers

FC 4
CC 0
PH 7.5
TA 70
CH 80
CYA 25

Been a lot of POP here. The pool looks good but the water dose not sparkle yet. You can see the bottom of the deep end but not clearly. Would there be a problem using some clarifier or drop and vac or should I just let it filter some more and use some more POP.

p5161.jpg

p516.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It looks sooooo close!
I noticed it looks a bit overcast the day you took the picture. Mine looks a lot like that on overcast days but I can see the bottom clearly though.

I admire your patience.

I stuck your numbers into the pool calculator and I got a FC of 2-6 recommendation. Have you tried bringing it to 6 each night? I've found that if I bring mine up to the higher end (target) that it looks better than if try to keep it at the middle of my range.

FPM..what do you think?
I will go back a re read the thread and if I missed something.

Again thanks to everyone that helped me.

Did a overnight test last night and no change in FC. I will do another one tonight and we will see in the morning.

Wife and I went swimming last night and did it fell good. I wanted to feel the sides and bottom and if felt like there was no algae at all.
I thought the CYA needed to be higher after shocking but wasn't sure thanks for confirming for me.
I think It is very close but just can't seem to get the last little bit. I remember from past years one morning I go out to check the pool and it is perfect. Waiting for that morning.

FPM I am not frustrated as I knew I had plenty of time to get it right. Target date was June 1st to swim. Thanks again for your help and I know it would not look like this without your help. It dose feel good when I drive by the pool store on the way to walmart to get bleach.

Just an update and to confirm that BBB dose work.
Haven't been to the pool store yet.
Pool has been like this since 6/1. I have had the pool for 9 years and I don't think it has ever been this clear.
Thanks to everyone who helped. Especily FPM
These pics were taken this morning early. :cheers: :party:

100_0089a.jpg

100_0088a.jpg

100_0087a.jpg

Well done!!

We should make new users (and especially resisters) read this thread. It has it all:

• [list:1hgdj0fi]
  • A pool owner accustomed to getting "pool stored" to the tune of $700 with a sub-standard test kit and a green swamp.
  • A pool transformed with BBB and plenty of POP[/*:m:1hgdj0fi]
  • Pics of the transformation[/*:m:1hgdj0fi]
[/*:m:1hgdj0fi][/list:u:1hgdj0fi]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.