Pentair spa actuator trouble

Apr 1, 2010
Our Pentair pool equipment is almost 3 years old now and runs on a wireless remote system. We just noticed that when we turn on the spa, the spa actuator turns as it should, the spa turns on ok, but the actuator doesn't seem to want to stop turning when it reaches the "other side". It looks like it a person banging their head. If we flip the switch on the back of the actuator it stops, but then it is no longer able to be controlled by the remote. Any ideas?

Welcome. The actuators have microswitches on each end that switch on when the actuator completes it's turn. It sounds like you may have a bad microswitch on one side. Do you have all Pentair equipment - if so it should carry a 3 year warranty.

Jim

Thank you for your response. Yes, we have all Pentair equipment which has the extended warranty to 3 years. (only 1.5 months left) The company which handles warranty work in this area said only the major components are covered for 3 years and they are going to charge us $100.00 to come out to take a look at it plus any work needed to repair. We can buy one for a little more than that and install it ourselves. However, I am going to call Pentair now and ask them if the microswitch on the actuator would be covered. Thanks again for the help!

Checked with Pentair, not covered on 3 yr warranty; only the major automation parts. The technician was very helpful with providing the microswitch # 520010, so we can find one online. Then he said he would go ahead and send a new actuator to handle the problem for us!
Thanks again for your advice and knowledge!

Glad to help. I've gotten quite a few of my questions answered, so it was great to have something useful to offer. I had a similar problem with my return actuator. Once it moved over to spa, it never would move back. After taking the actuator off of the valve, it suddenly started working. Took the cover off and found that the microswitch was sticking.

Glad to hear that Pentair was so good about handling this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.