How my pool looked when I bought it

denisbaldwin

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 23, 2010
Consider this the BEFORE picture. This pool sat for 3+ years before I got to it. You see the plastic sheeting scraps on the deck? The pool was full of it.

4482166400_0c0a0b5309_o.jpg

4486676004_7f9c7b5035_b.jpg

I'll post some current pictures this weekend, after it's nice and blue.

Your pool looks something like my pool when I purchased my house a week ago. It will be a beautiful weekend for some pool work. I see some water entered into your light lens. Did you have to replace the whole light or was that something you fixed? I have the same problem with my light. Also, What model Pentair pool pump are you running? Can't wait to see the after pics!

Thanks!

I haven't done anything with the light yet. Come mid summer (and the ability to pay for it), I'll get one of those nice LED lights that Hayward makes and replace it. Until then, the light that's in there works and burns a bright orange color so I'll leave it in place for now.

I ended up with a Pentair 3/4 hp WhisperFlo. It wasn't the WE-3 that I wanted, but it's the next model up that is slightly less efficient. It's been running for 2 days straight with no problems.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Cleanup is really coming together. Now that my numbers are inline and the pool consistently holds chlorine, I'm really down to just removing the last of the dirt and leaves from the bottom of the pool. Here's some new pics:

4537088741_d882bec297_b.jpg

4537717948_a23cf12259_b.jpg

4537087485_52209716b9_b.jpg

4537082013_ff3219736a_b.jpg

4537081409_ae507672c5_b.jpg

The staining is pretty awful in some places, but most of the dark stuff you see is dirt/soot. If I run over it slow with the vacuum, it picks it up and reveals relatively clean gunite below.

I'm just glad it's coming together now. I vacuum is for an hour every day, usually concentrating on getting the shallow end really good and pushing as much of the other debris to the main drain. Then I jump in to stir it all up :)

I bet your neighbors are glad to see it cleaned up.

That pool was a wreck! :shock: You've got her going good now! :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.