Pool Heater Water Temp

Jul 7, 2008
Bremen, GA
Hey everyone....just a quick, general question. I've turned on my heater for the first time and my pool water is about 63 degrees. The temp that shows the pool water after it passes through the heater and SWG shows only 70. Would that indicate that the heater is not heating properly (it's shown 90+ when I ran it last summer) or that the water is so cold that after it passes through the heater it's only increasing it a few degrees and will increase as the pool water temp increases?

Thanks....David

We really need to know more to even guess whether there's a problem or not. Size of heater, GPM through heater or size of pump and length of piping, size of pool, other equipment.

A delta temp of 8º might be all that heater is capable of at that temp. Actually, a delta-T of 8º is pretty good.

I'd say a seven degree delta is fine. It's not like the water is sitting in there for a while. The water is in and out in about 2 seconds or so. 1 BTU will heat 1 pound of water 1 degree. At 7+ lbs per gallon, it's going to take a while to heat the pool. The pool is your water tank.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.